Dirty equipment led to eleven patients becoming infected with bacteria that can lead to pneumonia, despite the NHS trust knowing about the issue.

Patients were infected with the bugs in two separate incidents, the report from the Worcestershire Acute Hospitals Trust found.

They were all contaminated following problems with the decontamination of equipment in the endoscopy unit at Alexandra Hospital in Redditch.

Reported by the Mail Online. You can read the full story here. 

I am a journalist and author. I am a journalist at the UK edition of WIRED magazine. In 2015, my first book Freedom of Information: A Practical Guide for UK Journalists, was published. My second book Reed Hastings: Building Netflix, was published in March 2020. I created FOI Directory in 2012 and have maintained it in my spare time ever since.